Senior Systems Modelling and Analysis Engineer
- Configure and deploy applications to get the required data for system's analysis
- Find and communicate stories told in the data
- Development of applications for data analysis, modeling and data visualizations, integration of UI and backend solutions based on defined business rules.
- Identify new uses for, and insights from, available data.
- Create data visualization prototypes and full applications
- Improve and refine collection of data from new and existing data sources.
- Implement business system rules on the data available
- Express findings to management and engineering staff
- Ensure applications are functional after OS/supporting tools/software migrations. Assist in resolving moderately complex production support problems.
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance for end-user problems and research available plugins and modules.
- Use standard security procedures in deployment and development of web tools.
*Qualification/Skills (Know of the Job)Basic Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Telecommunications.
- 3+ years of experience in full stack development of Enterprise application software, and data modeling visualization.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Telecommunications.
- 5+ years of experience in full stack development of Enterprise application software, and data modeling visualization.
- Strong knowledge of development design patterns and Model-View-Controller principles, and Experience in using any standard web templating like Angular/Angular 2 OR Django/Ruby/Drupal
- Strong knowledge of W3C standards and experience application development using Angular/Angular2 framework
- Good experience in Object Oriented programming and W3C standards
- Experience in working with relational databases like MsSQL, Oracle
- Experience in working with MongoDB/NoSQL
- Advanced level of experience on any JS frameworks/libraries like D3.JS, YUI, Backbone.JS , AngularJS, Underscore, Twitter Bootstrap , leafletjs, HighCharts, Anycharts, FusionCharts, FLOT etc
- Experience in working with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in using tools/languages like Excel, R, Matlab, Python, Pandas
- Experience in working with big data technologies Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
- Experience in documentation tools like Wiki, LaTex
- Apache STORM knowledge
- Understanding of unit testing tools (e.g. Junit/Mockito, Selenium or Jasmine)
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Self-starter, startup experience is a plus. Ability to work in an extremely dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Basic understanding of statistics
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.