Call Center Technology Engineer
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Call Center Technology Engineer at our office location in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Participate in the development, testing, deployment and maintenance of all call center applications (IVR, ACD and CTI) in our customer care organization.
- Support day-to-day operations and monitoring of all telecom, MPLS and VoIP network systems throughout the Hughes customer care organization.
- Design complex IVR call flows.
- Perform grammar development and tuning; along with language development.
- Research, plan, design, and implement a variety of telecom solutions.
- Perform back-end integrations to external platforms using web services (SOAP/REST) API's.
- Work in conjunction with third party vendors to expedite the resolution of network systems issues.
- Assist with disaster recovery procedures.
- Document internal support processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and communicate with staff members of all levels throughout the business process.
- BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education as well as experience
- 3+ years of experience with mission critical applications in a globally distributed environment
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management
- Experience with on Premise PBX solutions (Avaya, Nortel)
- Experience with call center platforms (Aspect, CXP, ZIPWIRE, and/or VIA)
- Experience with VXML, CCXML, Java, J2EE, and Eclipse for framework based development
- Experience with SOAP/REST web service API's
- Experience with CTI/Desktop applications
- Experience with CRM Integrations (Salesforce/Dynamics)
- Experience with SQL and/or other relational database platforms
- Experience with network routing, switching, as well as WAN solutions (MPLS, BGP)
- Experience with network security systems (Firewalls/IPSec, VPN's)
- Experience with AT&T Route-It! (Toll-Free routing platform)
- Experience with analyzing IP and SIP endpoint and trunk issues
- Good public communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- The ability to work independently in a team environment
- A sense of urgency which can drive issues to a close in a fast paced, multitasking environment
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Ability to work on-call support
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.