Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Engineer!
This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Develop winning technical solutions and strategies for wide-area networking, network security, and digital media
- Identify and design solutions built around value added services including VoIP, W-Fi, and employee training
- Develop and present technical and business benefits to senior executives, decision makers, and network engineers for million-dollar opportunities
- Oversee the pricing and business model of the opportunities
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions
- Engage directly with potential clients to solve technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles
- Serve as a Hughes product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and externally
- Help lead the development of proof of concept engagements with clients
- Expected travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information System
- 8 years of overall experience in IT industry
- 5 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on and delivering technical products or services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business-related subjects to all audiences
- Ability to make good business judgment, ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence
- Enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Possess excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly
- MBA Preferred
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
Apply for Sales Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly