Training and Knowledge Manager
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opening for a Senior Manager of Training and Knowledge Management at our Gaithersburg, MD location!
- Take highly technical engineering materials and transform them into subject matter suitable for adult learners of all varying levels of technical aptitude.
- Create curriculum for classroom, self-lead and instructor lead distance learning.
- Manage multiple training projects and work with various team members to develop adult focused training curriculum.
- Manage a training and knowledge development team and provide work direction on development training materials, FAQs and Knowledge Base articles.
- Develop training syllabi and timelines.
- Conduct training classes for customers, internal employees and outsource partners.
- Lead/conduct training classes via distance learning and in classroom as required.
- Conduct train-the trainer sessions.
- Audit and manage training effectiveness of our outsource partners.
- Will require occasional international and domestic travel.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- 8+ years of experience in training development, and training delivery within corporate environments
- 5+ years of direct personnel management
- 6+ experience in training project management
- Experience in Contact Center training preferred (ISP, Telecommunications, MSO experience a plus)
- A basic understanding of networking and broadband technologies
- Technically efficient in learning software programs, and instructional design. Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio Suite (LMS's as well as LCMS's are helpful)
- Excellent personnel management skills, adult learning style practices, graphic manipulation, as well as graphic design
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written (Bilingual in Spanish is a plus)
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Experience with training applications, software, or any previous technical training
- Familiarity with self-paced and distance learning techniques
- Ability to take instructions, review/edit information, and build upon documented materials
- A strong ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to be self-guided and work independently, as well as in a team of writers
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.