Patient Account Rep - Commercial Billing
- Bill UB04 and 1500 Government and Non-Government claims for all Sentara Hospitals on a daily basis for all Secondary and Tertiary claims.
- Paper and electronic billing.
- Monitor and bill claims according the 72-hour rule.
- Ensure all claims held in the billing editor are resolved and billed daily.
- Comply with billing procedures in order to manager Electronic Rejects, Rebills, and Late Charges on a daily basis.
- Complete split billing, as appropriate.
- Obtain documents to be submitted with claims on a timely basis (i.e.; missing NDC, NA, medical record, etc.)
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For more information about our employee benefits, CLICK HERE!
Join our team, where we are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development, growth!
Keywords Medicare Medicaid billing
The employee is responsible for the following in assigned areas: billing for medium and low dollar claims, daily reconciliation, registration, auditing, and collection of information. Responds to phone inquiries and follows up to obtain information requested.
High School Grad or Equivalent
Required: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Preferred: Billing - 1 year
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Communication, Complex Problem Solving, Mathematics, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Reading Comprehension, Service Orientation
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below