Principal Deal Manager
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Work with stakeholders to support the implementation and execution of guidelines that enable the Sales teams to align with the Broadband Business unit (BU) and to craft deals that comply with Intelsat's product, asset, regional and customer strategies, supporting management in the development of those guidelines as appropriate. Provide operational and analytical support to the Sales team and customers in the region, including providing recommendations and approvals for "non-standard" deal terms - e.g., pricing or terms and conditions that are outside of the established guidelines for a given set of strategic priorities.
- Global Sales/Product Support Function: support Broadband sales and product teams globally with critical analysis and recommendations with goal of capturing new business and protecting existing business (renewals) while maximizing yield on Intelsat's traditional and EpicNG assets.
- Deploy financial modeling to analyze business cases and P&L analysis supporting Broadband customers needing non-standard terms and conditions including investments in opex and capex.
- Support analysis and collaborate with finance to review/approve all deals needing significant OPEX and CAPEX investments (through investment committee).
- Serve as subject matter expert for commercial support to the Broadband Sales teams.
- Stay abreast of, and fully versed in, the commercial guidelines related to the appropriate products, assets, regions, and customers in order to be empowered to make decisions quickly with minimal need to refer deals back to administrative headquarters for decision making.
- Follow established procedures for timely escalation when deal parameters exceed delegated approval authority and when decisions involve contention for capacity.
- Confirm and record each deal's compliance with the applicable strategic guidelines and corporate governance requirements, also documenting any required approvals for terms that are outside of the applicable guidelines, in Intelsat's CRM system and ensure that the contracting and booking processes accurately reflect the approved deal parameters and are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist Sales in commercial negotiations with customers, as appropriate.
- Provide post-sales support to assigned Sales region, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed for the Role:
- University Degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience) with at least five years of relevant experience, including experience in sales support, process compliance and/or implementation of deal management strategies.
- Effective communication, with the ability to accurately convey commercial guidelines, policies and procedures to Sales representatives within the region.
- Financial modeling and analysis experience, pertaining to Business Case development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to rapidly establish and maintain highly productive working relationships at all levels across the company.
- Effective English language skills both written and oral , as well as the ability to present information to audiences across a wide range of roles and functions.
- Computer proficiency required - must be comfortable using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM tools, service booking applications, spreadsheets and reporting tools.
- Must have a strong understanding of how services are implemented and how contracts are booked and billed.
- Must have a big picture understanding of how booking activities impact financial reporting (invoicing, revenue, backlog), along with excellent organizational and process management skills.
- Must be process-oriented, with ability to apply judgment on when to flag and escalate issues.
- Accuracy and thoroughness required, along with strong personal QA processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired for the Role:
- Experience working within cross-functional teams is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of satellite systems, products and fleets (especially of Intelsat's systems, products and fleet) highly desired.
- Specific experience with Salesforce.com and/or Oracle Service Contracts preferred.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.