Technical Account Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
As an increasing number of large publishers move their critical business processes to Arc Publishing, we are in need of high-powered technical talent to advise our customers on this journey. You will work one on one with several key Arc customers throughout the entire onboarding and customer lifecycle advising them during the planning phase of new projects to supporting them when they have Arc products operating in production.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) functions as part of the Arc Engagement team to ensure key enterprise customer success in onboarding onto, using, and extending the Arc platform. The TAM provides assistance to the customer as an expert on the full line of Arc Publishing products & services, project planning and launch and ongoing operational issues. TAMs understand the business goals of the customer, and keep those in mind as they help drive customer engagements forward. TAMs are engaged at the account level in providing recommendations and proactive advice through all phases of the implementation life cycle. The TAM works closely with an engagement product team and the Arc professional services team to onboard customers onto the platform; as a small team, our TAMs are active in managing these projects and ensuring that clients are successful in onboarding onto Arc.
In order to be successful in this role, you must possess customer facing skills that allow you to represent Arc well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, implementation best practices, and project scope and timelines. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available only in a cloud-hosted CMS such as Arc. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within Arc and The Washington Post to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
While not a sales role, the TAM will work closely with the sales team, account executives and product development to understand expansion opportunities, be highly knowledgeable about Arc product offerings since he/she may often be called upon to provide technical support and training. Additionally, he/she will create policies that optimize the customer experience from both external and internal stakeholders feedback.
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders within client organizations to generate proper levels of adoption, ensure renewals, and create new revenue opportunities
- Understand the customer's business goals and technical environment, including software currently used
- Collaborate with the appropriate business functions and teams to assess and recommend technologies that support customer needs
- Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to customer accounts
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership
- Champion and advocate for customer requirements within Arc Publishing (be their voice)
- Lead onboarding projects to help bring new accounts onto the platform
- Support growth of sales skills and ability to ensure success of growth through various methods including analyzing key performance indicators and metrics
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in B2B environments; preferably technical account management, implementation, or customer success
- Previous customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- Strong customer focus and bias for action
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as, Salesforce or other software environment
- Experience with distributed systems, APIs, systems architecture
- Clear understanding of customer success sales processes and customer lifecycles
- This position may require up to 25% travel
- Strong organizational, creative problem-solving, and collaborative skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization, including executive and C-level
- Ability to work well in a dynamic group environment and under deadline pressures
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication, and presentation skills