Commercial Product Manager
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Commercial Product Manager to develop, manage, and implement product updates and enhancements; acts as product expert for assigned product line(s); supports sales, customer support, and marketing efforts to achieve revenue targets, provides justification for and coordinates new product development initiatives, and contributes to strategic planning.
- Meet with editors to remain abreast of market developments and content updates. Train and update sales, marketing, and customer service teams on product features and benefits.
- Lead virtual and in-person product demonstrations during sales calls to communicate features and benefits of the service to prospects. Support field sales force for product-related questions, such as functionality.
- Act as main point of contact for proposed product updates and enhancements. Facilitate management review of proposals and provides justification for final approval.
- Initiate and design project plans, processes, and schedule of approved product updates and enhancements to ensure effective implementation.
- Facilitate supporting activities from other departments, such as customer communications via marketing and customer service and website updates via product development.
- Ensure projects are completed according to schedule within designated financial parameters and with appropriate input from stakeholders.
- Track and report the status of projects as well as related changes and developments. Review and assess completed projects and applies findings to process improvements.
- Perform market and subscriber research for guidance in strategic planning, new product development, and evaluation of tactical programs.
- Detail project plans for new product launches and support marketing teams’ launch campaigns, including communications schedule and marketing promotions.
- Act as liaison and key point of contact with operations, customer service, and development teams to set up and launch new products.
- Maintain competitive analysis for assigned product line(s). Complete periodic analysis of pricing, promotion, and positioning of competitors’ products to identify competitive threats and market opportunities. Identify points of differentiation for products vs. competitors’ and communicates to marketing, sales, and editorial teams.
- Manage product packaging to achieve brand consistency, customer satisfaction, and cost efficiencies.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
4+ years’ experience in developing, using, supporting, and/or selling ( Tax & Accounting products/services or related products and services; experience developing, using, or supporting Web products strongly preferred; experience in project management required; strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; thorough knowledge of marketing principles; strong ability to analyze complex information and formulate clear understandings; thorough knowledge of the industry, markets, and customers; ability to represent Tax & Accounting effectively in a variety of contacts, both inside and outside of BBNA; ability to work effectively in an environment of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure; ability to understand how Tax & Accounting practitioners research and identify which research materials and tools are important to them; ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment; experience working with field sales force and working in Tax & Accounting markets (Corporate Market, Law Firm, or Tax Consulting) or publisher of such products a plus; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business and marketing or equivalent