Elections and Lobbying Reporter
Redefine How Washington Works
When government is at its best, diverse ideas are at work. The same is true of Bloomberg Government. Our ability to innovate and serve our clients means diversity and inclusion are essential. If you’re eager to join a multi-dimensional team that celebrates and leverages difference, if you have the vision to see how information can transform “business as usual” and if you are hungry to create-to build a service transforming how things get done—then stop reading this and join our team.
Who Thrives Here?
Individuals who embrace hard work, act with urgency and collaborate without reserve thrive at Bloomberg Government. You are on the front lines of revolutionizing the information services industry in Washington-as high as our expectations will be of you, yours must be higher. If you are dogged, innovative and interested in work that contributes to causes greater than yourself, you belong at Bloomberg Government.
Bloomberg BNA also provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg Government provides congressional, regulatory and legal news to government affairs and government relations professionals. We are seeking a Elections and Lobbying Reporter to perform general assignment and beat reporting and write complex in-depth analytical pieces. Research and write news stories and features for the assigned publication(s).
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Develop and cover assigned beat(s).
- File breaking news alerts.
- Develops and maintains sources in the government and private sector.
- Originate, propose, and develop story ideas.
- Report, research, and write news stories and features (including scoops, as well as complex and/or analytical pieces) for assigned publication(s).
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s) and publication.
- Coordinate activities with other BBNA reporters and editors who cover related beats.
- Edit material written by other staff members, from other BBNA publications, or from outside authors for inclusion in publication(s) of assigned unit.
- Help curate articles from outside authors.
- Participate in production of unit's publication(s).
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
4 years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications; demonstrated ability to report and write news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline; working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; demonstrated ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline; proficiency in MS Office; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; excellent proofreading skills. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
Apply for Elections and Lobbying Reporter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly