Accounts Payable Coordinator
Coordinator, Accounts Payable
Our Corporate Finance Division is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our successful team. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting Accounts Payable with the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices, purchase orders and expense reports. In addition, you will assist with researching and resolving Accounts Payable discrepancies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and process purchase orders, ensuring accurate general ledger coding
- Assist with processing and review of office soft costs such as UPS, postage, telephone, etc.
- Liaison with Shared Services center for processing and research
- Prepare select month-end Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with the collection of accurate vendor information forms for timely set-up
- Match and verify invoice information against PO
- Identify, investigate and resolve any discrepancies between invoice and PO
- Develop and sustain relationships with other divisions and locations
- Assist staff with questions regarding invoices and anticipated payment timing
- Assist with processing expenses reports
- Assist with periodic expense audits or research, and other unscheduled projects as they arise
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree, or 2+ years related experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word for Windows required
- Experience on accounting software systems preferred, SAP / BSP / 1Place system experience a plus
- Recognize the importance of accuracy
- Display high level of initiative, motivation and ability to achieve desired results
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, thorough, organized, and have strong communication skills
- Intermediate Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required
For consideration please submit your cover letter and resume on-line at www.octagon.com in the “Careers” section.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.