Third Way is a national think tank that develops and champions modern centrist ideas.
The Grant Writer develops and writes grant proposals and reports to grant-making organizations and supports all administrative processes for Third Way grants. The Grant Writer reports to the Director of Development and External Affairs and works collaboratively with all programs, grantees, vendors, and other staff members.
As the Grant Writer, your duties include…
- Working with our Program Vice Presidents in assembling and submitting grant requests, including proposals and budget to communicate Third Way’s and the individual program’s mission to potential funders.
- Collaborating with policy programs to write compelling grant proposals tailored to specific audiences in an effort find new grantees.
- Serving as the liaison between the grantees, the policy programs, and third party vendors to ensure Third Way remains in compliance with the terms of the grants.
- Generating monthly, interim, and final reports for programs and grantees to ensure all stakeholders remain current on all grant activities.
- Managing grant budgets by monitoring grant spending and sub-contractor expenses to maintain accurate grant financials.
- Setting up routine meetings with programs and grantees to discuss status of grant activities and allow for a productive exchange of questions and answers.
- Researching industry standards for grant writing, tracking, and foundation engagement to ensure that Third Way implements best practices.
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgments to create a stewardship plan for future giving.
- Staying current on foundation policies and federal regulations to protect Third Way’s interest.
- Seeking out new grant opportunities in support of the entire organization’s budget and funding efforts.
- Designing and implementing a standard grant process from initial application to closing process to ensure all stakeholders in grant process has a clear understanding of grant deliverables and milestones.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
The Grant Writer will have a positive impact on Third Way work process by ensuring that we have the ongoing support we need from philanthropic organizations.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others.
- Like writing, analyzing, and researching.
- Are self-motivated, detailed-oriented, highly organized, curious and eager to learn.
- Think on your feet and adapt to change effortlessly.
- Want to be a part of something great and impactful.
- Communicate clearly in writing, speak eloquently, and are comfortable explaining to others the mission of Third Way.
- You want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way’s Grant Writer.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who foster divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.