Description: Responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes preparing journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and general ledger account reconciliations.
A Little About Ardmore
As an established non-profit, we’ve been supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1963! Our mission of empowerment is acted out daily in the lives of the 200+ people who participate in our customized employment, community learning, and community living programs. We believe every person has the right to determine the direction of their life – a concept that has historically been denied to many people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our team members work together to promote voice, choice, and empowerment for the people we support.
Things you might do
• General Ledger
- Prepares journal entries
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
- Researches general ledger variances
- Prints and distributes monthly financial reports
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
• Accounts Payable
- Verifies transaction information; schedules and prepares disbursements; obtains authorization of payment.
- Receives and verifies invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepares, verifies and processes invoices including coding transactions to appropriate general ledger accounts
- Prepares batches of invoices for data entry
- Entering invoices for payment
- Transmits positive pay file to bank
- Prepares manual checks when required
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Petty cash reconciliation
• Accounts Receivable/Billing
- Prepares and records bank deposits
- DDA revenue and client billing
- Calculates monthly client contribution to care
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
We Need Someone Who
- BS degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills and written communication skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting programs and the MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, etc.) and email at a highly proficient level
- Stress management and time management skills
- Must have a professional demeanor and excellent work ethic
- Experience performing basic research and preparing reports and recommendations
- Ability to organize own independently, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Ability to show initiative and independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, Management, Board of Directors, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations
- Required Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, stoop and/or kneel.
- Must meet eligibility for employment in the United States. (Provide appropriate I-9 documentation on first day of employment).
- Must have a clean criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
Ardmore Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer