Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements and Quality Ranking Factors.
If you do not have civil service status or reinstatement eligibility, you will not obtain civil service status if selected. If you are currently in the competitive civil service, you will be required to waive competitive civil service rights if selected.
Relocation expenses may be paid subject to funds availability.
For additional information on the NSF eRecruit system, please visit our NSF eRecruit Frequently Asked Questions.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and research relevant to the duties of the position. We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, methods and techniques in disciplines such as research design, survey methodology and statistics in order to plan, direct, and evaluate a statistical (preferably establishment) survey from the planning and design stage to final analysis. This includes experience in administering multi-mode (paper and web) large-scale sample surveys.
- Demonstrated experience in managing statistical surveys through contractual arrangements including the preparation and development of statements of work and actual survey management review. This experience should include planning, design/development of surveys, ongoing survey implementation through clean data delivery and dissemination of data both in publications and a public database. This experience should include developing and maintaining time schedules, project management systems, and financial and budget information for a national survey.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing administrative databases to guide the sample design and questionnaire development of large-scale sample surveys.
- Demonstrated experience in working with data users to understand their needs and how to best meet these needs, including preparation and participation in respondent and users workshops and site visits. Demonstrated evidence of successfully responding to expressed user needs for data and/or products. This includes an ability to develop and implement a data dissemination program for statistical data that provides timely data and understandable information to users in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing survey data for publication in on-line databases and statistical or analytical reports for the general public, and in using oral and written communication skills to translate technical statistical material in language understandable to the public.
- Subject matter experience in one or more of the following areas: research and development financial resources; innovation indicators; science and technology activities of (small) businesses and/or nonprofit institutions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation