In-House Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Administrative Assistant sought to provide support to two attorneys and two paralegals in an in-house legal department located in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Provide general administrative support to include printing, copying, scanning, filing, assembling binders, processing mail and invoices, submitting expense reports, arranging travel and scheduling conferences.
- Process and distribute new document requests and update status in database.
- Promptly update and maintain legal document status report and distribute said report.
- Coordinate execution of legal documents and assemble and distribute fully-executed documents.
- Prepare routine correspondence to include transmittal letters and legal notices.
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files of drafts and final documents.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by attorneys and paralegals.
- At least one year of experience providing legal administrative support.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work overtime (last minute and some planned) on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player with other department support staff.
- Degree preferred