Cash Receipts Technician
Smithsonian Enterprises, a division of the Smithsonian Institution, is seeking a Cash Receipts Technician to join the Finance and Accounting team in our Herndon, Virginia office. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Cash Receipts Technician will provide accounting and financial services to support Smithsonian Enterprises’ Business Units, which includes Smithsonian magazines, Book Publishing, Digital Studios and Web Group. Incumbent is responsible for providing accounting and financial services including the maintenance of accounting records, preparation, analysis and interpretation of financial statements, and modification of accounting principles and procedures for the respective division.
Cash Receipts Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Processes the Retail – Theaters End of Day Envelopes, including the Theaters Daily Deposit Cover Sheet and Memberships.
- Inputs daily credit card activity into an Excel spreadsheet and reconciles to ProVenue.
- Daily retrieval of Cash Deposit Lockbox images from Bank of America CashPro system.
- Enters and Processes the BOA Lockbox activity into the file, Lockbox Activity located in the Cash Receipts/SE Depository-1537 folders.Coordinates the proper and accurate General Ledger account coding and submits excel files to the Accountant I for uploading to Lawson Cash Book.
- Prepares supporting document for the quarterly Smithsonian Channel re-bill.
- Coordinates and maintains Archiving for Accounting department.
- Maintains and updates all related procedures and processes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Candidates must possess a Bachelors Degree in accounting/finance or related discipline, and 2 to 4 years related experience and training. Requires professional knowledge and application of accounting principles and procedures.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required (heavy use of Excel) and ability to learn other applications as needed such as AS400, ProVenue and Datatrax.
We seeking a candidate with meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skill, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships through effective communication.
We are offering an annual salary of $40,000 – $50,000 Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Application materials received without salary information will not be considered.
Applicants, who wish to qualify based on education completed outside the United States, must be deemed equivalent to higher education programs of U.S. Institutions by an organization that specializes in the interpretation of foreign educational credentials. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and should be included as part of your application package.
Smithsonian Enterprises operates retail, media, product development, licensing and other services, which promote the Smithsonian mission while generating an essential source of unrestricted funding for the Institution. Smithsonian Enterprises encompasses Smithsonian