Tier 2 Network Support Engineer
Local candidates only (local areas close to Chantilly, VA) - No out of state/country. Relocation is not offered with this position. We only hire Virginia based employees.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
Computer Services Unlimited maintains the IT infrastructure for multiple small businesses around the DC metro area. We handle all of our clients IT needs so that they don't have to worry about computer issues. To that end we do not expect our clients to know as much about computers as we do, and we treat them with kindness, respect and patience.
The position we are hiring is a full time Level 2 Network Engineer. We are located in Chantilly, VA and most of the managed IT services that we perform can be accomplished remotely from our service center. We handle network troubleshooting, server monitoring/configuration, and desktop support, as well as any other IT needs our clients have.
The typical hours our employees work are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. Some after hours or weekend work is necessary at times but is rare.
Here is a list of basic duties and responsibilities (Note: The following is a basic list of duties that may be performed and does not encompass every aspect of the job)
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues, software installation, and network trouble shooting – both remotely and onsite.
- Knowledge of workstations, laptops, printers, MS Office applications, and Windows. Mac/Linux knowledge or experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Manage and maintain detailed information of client issues on support tickets assigned and detailed documentation of resolutions, interactions and time spent resolving issues.
- Plan, coordinate and implement network security, including data protection, back-ups, data recovery, complete network monitoring, including monitoring security procedures.
- Follow implementation documentation for IT projects such as upgrades, training and troubleshooting.
- Daily investigation and resolution of alert notifications to ensure that all network components are running successfully.
You should be proficient in the following:
- Networking equipment: routers, firewalls, access points & switches
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications (Office 2003-2016)
- Desktop Configuration, Imaging & Standardization with BIOS knowledge
- TCP/IP networking, including concepts such as DHCP, DNS, routing, TCP/UDP port forwarding, etc.
- Server Configuration and Setup
- MS Windows Server, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server
- Familiar with Backup Software, devices and media
- Common business office devices, including printers, scanners, fax, and multifunction devices.
A skills test will be conducted during the technical interview, so if you are not comfortable with the above skill sets, please do not apply to this position. Level of competency with technical and customer service skills will primarily determine pay grade. Customer service and professionalism is equally as important as technical skills. Presentation and communication skills are a must. Strong organizational skills are required, multiple tasks will be given to you daily and you will be expected to follow through with all tasks provided.
This position will require travel around the greater Washington DC area to other businesses, so a clean driving record is a must. You will be required to sign a non-compete agreement preventing you from doing computer related business directly with our customers. We also require that you not have your own computer business "on the side" while you are working at Computer Services Unlimited. The knowledge and experience required for this position is:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field OR equivalent experience in remote support, helpdesk, network administration and support activities in multi-user network environments. (You will be asked to demonstrate your experience)
- The ability to understand and follow established business practices at all times is necessary.
- Exercise the highest level of confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- The ability to work after hours when needed in order to meet client needs and demands.
- You must be fluent in American English.
- You must have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- You must be able to lift boxes and equipment from 5lbs to 50lbs.
- You must maintain reliable and dependable transportation, as well as car insurance, and be able to drive to client sites if necessary.
- You must be able to pass a complete background check, drug screen and have no motor vehicle infractions on record for this position.
Please reply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and where you live in the subject line. (i.e. Your Name – Your City)
Apply for Tier 2 Network Support Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly