Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
Experience: You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position Specialized experience is defined as preparing and reviewing financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and U.S. federal financial regulations, policies, and procedures; performing hands-on accounting tasks; analyzing and resolving complex accounting issues; advising personnel on proper accounting procedures; and participating in the on-going review and improvement of automated systems.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Please see Benefits at https://www.si.edu/ohr/benefits for a complete description.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Skill in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, procedures, and budget process, and applying fund accounting in not-for-profit agencies.
- Ability to perform hands-on accounting tasks; apply analytical skills; and recognize potential issues and resolve them in a practical, creative manner.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems design practices and limitations in order to identify potential system issues and to discuss and/or describe possible automated solutions.
- Ability to communicate information regarding accounting transactions to personnel within the agency and the general public .
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation