Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS- 6) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience includes the administration of multiple changing requirements,schedules and conflicts, coordinating and planning office activities, and meeting deadlines; Communicating with all levels of personnel within and outside of the organization to include high level government officials; Reviewing incoming correspondence, organizing and maintaining office files, responding to routine requests for information, making travel arrangements etc.
Substitute of Education:
One year of graduate education which may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement when education is directly related to the work of the position being filled.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS- 7) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience includes serving as secretary or administrative assistant to a senior manager, and establishing and maintaining internal administrative procedures and control of the office; managing supervisor's calendar, scheduling conferences, and making travel arrangements; maintaining controls of incoming and outgoing correspondence; and serving as the initial point of contact for visitors and callers, and providing or coordinating responses on non-technical matters.
Substitute of Education:
Eighteen months of graduate education directly related to the work of this position.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- DCAA has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security and thrift savings; health, life and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. DCAA employees enjoy our business-casual dress code, flexible work schedules, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to telecommute.
- Additional Vacancies:This announcement may be used to fill additional positions within 90 days of the closing date.
- Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 2 years if one has not already been completed.
- Travel: Some travel is required. Travel is typically local; however, some overnight travel may be required.
- Veterans Preference: If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 member copy 4 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans' preference go to: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- Selective Service: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov/).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. . For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP): You may be eligible for MSP, if you are the spouse of an active duty military member and you are ranked among the best qualified for this vacancy.
- Reemployed Annuitant: does not meet the criteria. This vacancy does not meet the criteria identified in DoDI 1400.25 VOLUME 300, Section 3 for the appointment of annuitants. Veterans preference eligibles receive consideration regardless of their annuitant status.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will initially be reviewed to determine whether you meet the minimum eligibility and qualifications requirements. If you are qualified, you will then receive a rating based on the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities for the position listed below. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications, you will be assigned a rating commensurate with your background. Your application will be placed in one of three categories:
- Best Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or is recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Highly Qualified: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience.
- Qualified: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Technology Application
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10199530 Read more Security clearance Other