Information Technology Specialist, CG-2210-13/14 (Term Appointment NTE 2 Years)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be provided in accordance with FDIC's General Travel Regulations.
Registration with the Selective Service.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found here.
CG-13: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 12 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience in designing, developing, and/or maintaining applications using various programming languages (such as Java, .Net) and database platforms (such as SQL, Oracle). And also experience with business process management tools (such as K2).
CG-14: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 13 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience serving as a technical authority, designing, implementing, developing, and/or maintaining applications using various programming languages (such as Java, .Net) and database platforms (such as SQL, Oracle). And also experience with business process management tools (such as K2).
Applicants eligible for ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 80 or higher in the online assessment to be determined “well qualified” for this position. For more information, click here.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
You must have Information Technology (IT)-related experience which demonstrates proficiency in each of the following competencies:
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a trial period.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and the online assessment questionnaire will be reviewed to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Your resume will also be evaluated to measure your responses to the assessment questions. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans’ preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Ability in designing and development of automated tools and systems that establish and support examination and supervisory business requirements.
2. Knowledge with business process re-engineering efforts methods sufficient to collaborate and contribute to studies designed to identify potential improvements in the way information technology is applied to key business functions.
4. Knowledge of with business process management/dynamic case management tools (K2 Blackpearl, Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
5. Knowledge of software development processes and best practices utilizing SharePoint and the Microsoft technology stack.
6. Skill in communicating orally with internal and external contacts.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No