Media Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Hylton Audio Technician
The Hylton Performing Arts Center within the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) invites applicants for a full-time Audio Technician position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Hylton Audio Technician will provide comprehensive execution of audio elements for all activities of the CVPA comprising the Hylton subscription series; academic departments, divisions and programs; and university events and rentals as scheduled in the CVPA performance facilities. The position will perform the operation and setup of all audio equipment for Hylton events, as well as assist the Production Audio Engineer in the fulfillment of audio production duties.
- Demonstrated experience in live sound reinforcement with demonstrated live audio mixing experience of both front of house and monitors.
- Knowledge of technical theatre, music, drama and dance idioms;
- Experience with digital audio consoles (Avid preferred) and wireless microphone handling;
- Proficiency to meet the audio requirements of varied performance artists, musicians, dancers, etc.;
- Ability to setup, operate and maintain complex audio systems and equipment; and must have proficiency in multitrack recording, editing and mixing;
- Knowledge of multiphase power distribution; and
- Have a background or training in audio engineering, live sound reinforcement and/or recording engineering.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, current George Mason University employee applicants only may apply for position number 09649z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by June 30, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-06-30