Duties include: Handle complex projects with limited supervision; organizes and manages electronic and paper files; ensures that all files are maintained within department-approved protocols and case management systems; maintains the integrity of client files; assists with the preparation and/or filing of pleadings, court papers, registration documents, forms, etc., as needed; assists with retrieval of rules, regulations, and company profiles; assists with document productions, transactions, and/or closings; assists with preparation for interviews, depositions, hearings, trials, and/or client meetings; proofreads briefs, memoranda of law, opinions, and other documents; performs cross-reference and defined terms checks; pulls cases, shepardizes briefs, and handles or coordinates cite-checking; performs non-legal research using various research tools, including the Internet, Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and other media and financial service sites, and/or other court-related websites for case law, statutes, articles, books, etc; updates attorney and case/deal team binders; manages databases and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year of experience in a legal assistant position
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Strong research skills and proficiency in using various research tools, including the Internet. Westlaw, LexisNexis, PACER, SEC/EDGAR and court-related websites and/or media and financial services.
- Ability to work overtime and to travel as required.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs