Recent college grad with a GPA of 3.5 or higher sought for legal assistant in one of Washington DC's premier boutique law firms. Duties will include: work closely with and provide general support to attorneys; attend and report on regulatory commission meetings; respond to research requests; maintain case document databases; assist in the preparation of briefs and pleadings, consisting largely of cite-checking and proofreading; identify and assemble documents relevant to case issues; monitor cases and agency filings for attorneys and clients; participate in team discussions of case strategies; assist in discovery and trial preparation.
Must have the following:
- BA/BS Degree w/excellent academic credentials.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Research experience a must.
- Litigation experience in a law firm environment a plus.
- Willingness to take responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Two year commitment preferred.
- Must be flexible for overtime when needed.