Sr. Manager - CEO Engagement (1111-679)
The Senior CEO Engagement Manager works closely with the CEO, to better leverage the CEO’s engagements to help shape and execute USP objectives positioning the organization as a thought leader on medicine, supplement and food quality, producing impactful and timely content that aligns with USP’s strategy while honoring USP culture and core values. Key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with relevant USP staff to plan and execute strategic engagement plans for the CEO
- Ensuring that the CEO is adequately prepared to maximize engagement opportunities
- Partnering with USP departments to create, execute and measure the impact of strategic engagement plans for the CEO
While reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will also have functional reporting to the USP Global External Affairs and Global Human Resources divisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a strategic partner to the CEO, optimizes the CEO’s current engagement opportunities and collaborates with internal partners to identify additional opportunities.
- Identifies gaps in CEO’s internal and external engagement activities and, working with internal partners, explores new avenues to effectively build USP thought leadership through CEO engagement opportunities.
- Ensures that CEO is prepared and briefed to optimize engagement opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring that CEO communications are substantive and reflect USP priorities, while also developed and informed by stakeholder priorities and appropriate research.
- Individual research and partnering with colleagues in USP’s Global External Affairs and HR-Staff Engagement are required.
- Maintains an understanding of USP’s strategic direction and executive priorities, and translates to the CEO’s agenda.
- Measures and reports on the effectiveness of CEO engagement activities.
- Advanced degree in science, public health, communications, business, or law.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Pharmaceutical or Scientific environment.
- Ability to write in a clear and compelling manner in different styles, voices, and tones to effectively communicate to multiple audiences.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial and adaptive approach to work.
- Strong business acumen with a history of cultivating trusting relationships with executive leaders.
- Has experience with public policy and regulatory affairs disciplines. Professional or fellowship experience in a US federal agency or Congress considered a plus.
- Maintains and applies a strong working knowledge of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience from a professional or fellowship role in a life science-based organization considered a plus.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority.
- An effective collaborator capable of working across the organization with staff at all levels.
- Possesses a global mindset, with the ability to travel internationally.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular