Management Analyst IV
- Directs and manages long-term, large-scale, high-priority, sensitive programs/projects that are multi-disciplinary and involve multiple agencies;
- Manages a group of professionals engaged in diverse administrative and management support activities;
- Establishes and implements program policies, develop and manages the budget for designated programs;
- Ensures County programs reach the intended populations and targeted benefactors;
- Directs research and evaluation of trends in applicable areas of responsibility;
- Develops long- and short-term goals, objectives and solutions for division;
- Interfaces with central County staff departments (such as DMB, DHR, Finance, Purchasing and Supply Management) for seamless collaboration;
- Provides consultation on strategic planning, organizational development and redesign projects;
- Prepares for and presents to County Board of Supervisors (or Committee) regarding areas of expertise and responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of the mission, goals, objectives, funding sources, organizational structure, workload, and staffing of the organizational unit or program to which incumbent is assigned;
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to the functional area of business operation;
- Extensive knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements governing application of program funding, execution of program activities, and achievement of program outcomes;
- Knowledge of the legislative and executive decision making processes;
- Knowledge of the project management life cycle and its supporting phases;
- Ability to identify organizational problems, evaluate possible solutions, and select and implement the most advantageous course of action;
- Ability to identify and determine appropriate methods for gathering data;
- Ability to make oral presentations to department management, other departments, or the public;
- Ability to write detailed, accurate reports, grants, or solicitations for pertinent areas of administration;
- Ability to manage professional and paraprofessional employees including coaching, counseling, training, and evaluation.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in fields related to the assigned functional areas; and five years of professional work experience within more than one of the assigned functional areas such as human resources, budgeting and financial management, contract administration or business management.
The preferred candidate possesses the following:
- Experience in public sector human resources management.
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems, and make sound and supportable decisions;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with an ability to influence, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience supervising professional and administrative financial staff in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with local government budget and financial management processes;
- Experience using an ERP system and Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Duties are generally sedentary and performed in an office environment. Ability to operate keyboard-driven equipment and lift up to 10 pounds.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee of this position is required to complete a criminal background check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Panel interview, may include a written exercise. Candidates interviewed maybe required to submit a sample of work at the time of interview.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.