Intern, Responsible Mining and Energy
RESPONSIBLE MINING AND ENERGY INTERN
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Intern will provide technical writing, research and administrative support to the Responsible Mining + Energy (RM+E) Program. This position will support the Program in undertaking research and analysis on environmental and social aspects of the mining and energy sectors, including companies and government policy. This will include, but is not limited to, conducting qualitative and quantitative research; due diligence research; benchmarking current trends, corporate policies, and performance targets and metrics; researching sector best practices such as the IFC Performance Standards. The Intern will analyze research and develop written technical reports (e.g. Microsoft Word) and presentations (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Webinars, etc.) with findings and conclusions. This position will work in close collaboration with the Director, Responsible Mining and Energy and other members of the RM+E team.
- Research: Conduct research (due diligence, benchmarking, trends analysis) on key companies, governments and relevant thematic issues in the oil and gas and mining industries, focusing on biodiversity, water, climate and community engagement. 40%
- Technical writing: Document research findings; analyze information generated from research and draft conclusions and recommendations. 40%
- Project Management Support: Set up meetings, prepare meeting agendas, coordinate project documents on SharePoint, communicate with internal and external project team members via email. 20%
- Typical office environment.
- Technical proficiency in research and technical writing.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "accommodation" in the subject line.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.