Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Support the company's Sales function by drafting, negotiating and processing customer contracts and assisting attorneys in identifying legal issues in non-standard contracts. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for contracts in Europe/Middle East.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed for this role:
- A University Degree (or an equivalent combination of education and work experience) with at least three years of recent, applicable experience in contracts administration and a solid understanding of the contracting process and general principles of contracts law in common law jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with the customer negotiation process.
- Effective English language communication skills both written and verbal; fluency in an additional language considered a plus.
- Computer literacy with MS Office, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and production of quality work.
- Cultural sensitivity with interpersonal flexibility and with the ability and desire to collaborate and work successfully with colleagues across functional and departmental boundaries.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are considered desirable for this role:
- Intimate knowledge, including hands-on experience as a contributing member of a contract negotiation team.
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the satellite/telecommunications industry.
- Draft and negotiate customer contracts, to include Master Services Agreements, Service Orders, Amendments, Assignments/Novations, Revenue Share Agreements and other legal documents in support of the Europe/Middle East. Assist with RFPs as needed.
- Work and collaborate across functional boundaries to coordinate the inputs of various internal stakeholders when drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Provide Sales with advice/support on contract interpretation and work collaboratively with the sales teams to develop negotiating strategies for closing deals with customers.
- Identify legal issues that exist with respect to existing contracts or proposed agreements.
- Keep current and conversant on Intelsat's variety of contracts, service offerings, pricing terms and conditions.
- Maintain contracts databases.
- Evaluate customer correspondence for possible legal ramifications/issues and help draft company responses, as necessary.
- Coordinate with the regulatory group to ensure all necessary licensing documents are in place for agreements, amendments and other documents.
- Respond to questions from Intelsat staff regarding the terms and conditions of contracts and/or other customer contracts issues.
- Assist with other projects in the Legal department as necessary, e.g., due diligence, online research, RFPs.
- Assist with corporate compliance as needed.
- Support collections matters when they are escalated to the Legal department.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.