Membership and Marketing Coordinator
The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), a membership association created to advance the art and science of ophthalmic surgery and the knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgeons, is seeking a Membership and Marketing Coordinator. The Membership and Marketing Coordinator will provide ongoing marketing, membership and communications support to bolster member development and retention and to raise the profile of ASCRS.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop membership marketing and promotional materials, including brochures, welcome letters, certificates, e-blasts, content for websites and other announcements.
- Collaborate with membership manager, developing and implementing effective strategies and campaigns for retention of current members.
- Support member development manager, identifying key prospects, writing promotional materials, responding to opportunities as they emerge.
- Support member services marketing strategies including creating content for electronic newsletters, membership retention activities and assisting in special projects as assigned.
- Respond to and follow up on member and staff inquiries on membership issues including status, history, dues, online discussion forum and other membership related inquiries.
- Support development of external communications function including drafting press releases, drafting other media materials, researching media outlets and engaging media.
- Support member research support by contributing to development of member surveys.
- Manage the accurate and timely entry of all incoming member and prospect data; update, maintain/troubleshoot individual member records in Nimble database.
- Assist with member campaigns including membership onboarding, retention and development.
- Support implementation of membership retention strategies.
- Provide high-level of customer service on a day to day basis, respond to requests, resolve problems, assist and answer questions from members, staff and other key stakeholders
- Provide support for ASCRS meetings including collateral procurement, packing and onsite representation as requested.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- 1 to 2 years of membership, marketing and/or communications experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Work well in an environment with firm deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage change, be nimble and pivot as priorities shift
- Good customer service skills, positive attitude, the ability to work well as a team.
- Database/AMS experience is highly preferred; experience working in Nimble a PLUS
Education and Training Requirements
- College degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 1-2 years related work experience; association experience a plus
- High proficiency operating a PC using Microsoft Office software, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and salary history/requirements to email@example.com or by fax to 703-547-8857. Include MMC in the subject line.