Health Physicist-Radiological Safety Specialist
Avisar is seeking an experienced Health Physicist/Radiological Safety professional to work onsite at our DOD client's facility. Radiological safety and health physics program management shall be performed to ensure overall compliance with international standards, accredited quality assurance(QA) programs, and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) license requirements. Activities include:
- Managing an overall program in accordance with ISO and NQ-1 standards.
- Organizing and managing all features of the worldwide Radiation Safety Program bearing on health physics and radiological safety.
- Maintaining currency on proposed technical and managerial developments in the health physics and radiation safety fields and formulating and instituting appropriate program changes to incorporate latest practices and state-of-the-art concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Evaluating and recommending the approval or disapproval of drawings, plans,
- and specifications for facilities, equipment, and operations involving hazardous sources of ionizing radiation.
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures for handling, storing, disposing of and decontaminating radioactive material.
- Developing and implementing health physics and radiation safety policies, directives, and procedural guidelines.
- Proposing health physics policy as it relates to radiation metrology.
- Establishing effective liaison with organizations and agencies such as DOT, OSHA, NRC, EPA, DOE and DoD. Providing input to Federal agencies and state governments concerning health physics matters.
- Assessing program compliance with applicable legislation and regulations, including those generated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Energy (DOE) and the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Managing all non-tactical radioactive materials licensing, authorization, and control efforts for ionizing radiation sources and materials used in metrology-related systems and commodities worldwide.
- Performing or directing the investigation of accidents involving ionizing radiation, and of occurrences involving potential radiation overexposure of personnel. Assuring that necessary resources and procedures to cope with radiological emergencies exist.
- Overseeing radioactive material disposal efforts with specific emphasis on the disposal of radioactive waste (to include OCONUS Radioactive Waste Program). Providing guidelines for minimizing the generation of waste.
- Determining requirements for radiation safety training and administering the development and implementation of instructional courses or packages for use in conducting training classes in health physics and radiation safety.
- Interpreting radiological exposures for personnel. Researching, analyzing and reconstructing occupational radiation exposure dosage history for former employees. Maintaining and automating the retrieval of occupational radiation exposure records for employees.
Candidate will require a DOD security clearance for this position.
Avisar is an EOE, offering a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that values excellence and rewards effort.
If interested, please send a resume along with a cover letter, salary requirements, Accredited Quality Program experience, and security clearance information to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please put "Health Physicist/Radiological Safety Specialist" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Apply for Health Physicist-Radiological Safety Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly