Claudia's Steakhouse offers a casual fine dining experience, located in the heart of the Downtown Washington DC. Claudia's currently serves lunch and dinner. We are located on the ground floor of The Investment building, featuring indoor and outdoor seating, and private dining rooms. The restaurant is currently looking for an experienced host/hostess for greeting, seating, and coordinating guests.
• Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact.
• Escort guests to assigned dining area and present menus
• Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
• Tend to special Guest needs and requests
• Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
• Observant to Guests' needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service
• Contribute to team effort.
• Must be able to read menus
• Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
• Must be able to clearly communicate Guests' needs to Waiters, Bussers, Managers, etc.
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer the telephone and respond to Guest requests
• A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
• Passion for providing extraordinary service
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• An appetite for learning (and great food)
• Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
• Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone.
If interested, please email us your resume in PDF or Word format. We look forward to welcoming a new member to our staff.
Apply for Host/Hostess
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly