Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-13 salary range starts at $96,970 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have one year of experience in the federal sector equivalent to the GS-12. Specialized experience is performing analysis of the collection of overcharges, and commissions payable, and claims management for a complex nationwide Transportation audits program; and also demonstrates working knowledge of revolving funds, indefinite appropriation funds, and receipt funds.
Bargaining Unit status: NFFE
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of Transportation Audits management programs, including organizational structure, program objectives and goals.
- Knowledge of Transportation Audits’ complex and unique operating funds.
- Knowledge of Transportation Audits Receivable/Payable System (TARPS).
- Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods to examine and interpret facts and assumptions, persuade management officials to adopt proposals and to develop constructive recommendations for strategic changes in work processes, procedures, and policies.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation