Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $20 per hour
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Program in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences is looking for a part time Program Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Part-Time Program Assistant will be responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing, recruiting and alumni development & relations initiatives for the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Program.
- Manage the creation and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan to actively engage with prospective graduate students, writing coherent and market-savvy content;
- Monitor communication statistics and analytics to determine which are effective and which require modifications or removal;
- Develop a plan to market to Mason undergraduates in specific programs and courses;
- Update and maintain the graduate admissions, recruitment and alumni sections of the Interdisciplinary Studies website;
- Improve the Interdisciplinary Studies social media presence;
- Create content for and update program brochures and marketing materials used for recruitment purposes;
- Work within a team to develop, implement and coordinate recruitment events;
- Represent the program and knowledgeably discuss graduate programs at graduate fairs, workshops, or other events, approximately 2-3 times per semester;
- Work with the college development office to engage alumni with the Interdisciplinary Studies program, including developing an alumni newsletter;
- Additional responsibilities include assisting the Interdisciplinary Studies Director, Concentration Heads and Graduate Coordinator in implementing projects related to these areas. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail;
- Ability to make informed decisions;
- Ability to take initiative and complete projects and/or assignments with little or no supervision;
- Strong analytical skills with proven, effective application of those ideas into procedure;
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours and extended days with ability to juggle competing priorities effectively;
- Occasional travel to regional recruiting events 2-3 times per semester Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system;
- Familiarity with marketing tools and social media;
- Demonstrated experience working in a university environment with CRM, communications, or marketing position; Commitment: Position runs from July 1, 2018 to December 21, 2018, with the possibility to renew in Spring 2019 based on staffing needs and performance. Start date is negotiable. The Program Assistant will work an average of 10 hours per week.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :