Data Strategy Program Manager (1110-679)
The Data Strategy Program Manager is a non-supervisory position responsible for technical project management and program integration of Enterprise Data Strategy initiatives. The incumbent will serve as the strategic, technical, and analytics lead on data strategy projects to integrate business objectives with technical IT capabilities. We’re seeking someone who understands the power of data and enjoys building new capabilities. The Data Strategy Program Manager’s primary objective is to ensure that USP’s data assets are developed and available for strategic and operational analytics. This position will support a transformation of USP into a data informed organization. The incumbent will work directly with Strategists, Analytics Experts, IT professionals, and Business leaders in a fast-moving and dynamic environment. The Data Strategy function is part of the Strategy and Business Development division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads analytics transformation process by working cross-functionally with IT and business stakeholders to assess business needs, develop, and implement new data management processes and data assets for the organization. This position manages project integration across the program.
- Translates business data needs into technical requirements, developing and delivering proposed solutions to support data accessibility and the advancement of analytics at USP. This position is a key point of contact to strategic and operational analytics teams.
- Business Intelligence Program Coordination: Assist the Sr. Manager and IT in implementation of the Tableau Center of Excellence.
- Supports implementation of analytics best practices for data source governance by collaborating with the Data Quality Manager to employ data management processes using data prep/management tools.
- Establishes business processes for managing Enterprise scale up of self-service BI platform including server and desktop application management.
- Uses SQL queries and analytics tools to develop, prep, and validate data sets for use.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Information Systems Management, IT Project Management, Analytics, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business) or equivalent experience.
At least 5 years of hands-on experience with working with data (as example – data modelling, developing reports, SQL development/administration) and at least 2 years working on data analysis
- Master’s degree preferred (Information Systems Management, IT Project Management, MBA, Analytics)
- Strong project management skills and experience leading cross-functional projects required
- Strong business acumen and experience translating business needs into technical project outputs required
- Advanced technical proficiency in the following:
- Data Systems and Tools: Oracle RDBMS or SQL generally, Excel
- Data Visualization/ Analytics: Tableau or any similar tools such as Power BI, Cognos, OBIEE, Qlik, etc.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-directed and able to handle multiple concurrent projects and prioritize tasks independently
- Strong ability to influence others without direct authority
- Able to make tough decisions when trade-offs are required to deliver results
- Technical Preferred: Python, Alteryx, experience working with API’s a plus
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including C-level stakeholders
- Strong communication skills required: Verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Science background a plus
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular