Information Lifecycle Management Senior
6 days left
- Full Time
The Business Information and Technology group as part of Enterprise Operations provides leadership and strategy for the development and implementation of technology capabilities and the effective use of information assets across the organization. The group serves as a business advocate to ensure enterprise technology capabilities support business needs while maintaining focus on controlling operational risk and promoting resilience.
The Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) Senior is responsible for assisting with tasks within the development and promotion of the information management program. The ILM Senior will also support ways to strengthen, enhance, and promote the information management program. The individual will support the organization to become more data driven in decision making and will assist with utilizing analytics to develop actionable insight. This includes assisting and supporting the information governance function, data quality monitoring, along with potentially support of the master data management initiatives. The role also supports the review of information policies, facilitates data and reporting requirements, creates and reviews standard metrics and scorecards, reviews the associated enabling technology platforms, and assists with investigating new opportunities to acquire structured and unstructured data for use in enterprise decision making. The role will work closely with business and technology stakeholders to support enterprise strategy and facilitate governance throughout the information lifecycle (Collection, Classification, Usage, Storage, Retention, Disposal).
Responsibilities include:* Supports the vision, goals and objective for information lifecycle management to ensure stakeholder alignment on priorities, implementation and governance
* Assists with the development and management of the ownership, stewardship, operational structure, oversight and assurance of stakeholder participation required to manage information as a critical asset
* Proactively champions the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and promoting those ideas into action; including developing and implementing communication, learning, change management and adoption plans
* Assists with the development of organizational guidance for establishing and maintaining principles, role definitions, responsibilities, standards, procedures and accountability for information (data) stewardship
* Collaborates with business leadership to ensure continual alignment around the development, maintenance, access, use, security, retention and retirement of information (data) assets
* Supports the collaborative approach for proactive monitoring, detecting, assessing and cleansing data quality issues to ensure fitness for intended uses and sustained quality
* Supports the strategy, develops roadmaps, and supports the backlog of end user application platforms for data governance, data quality monitoring, and master data management capabilities
* Typically has 4+ years related experience. Experience in information lifecycle management and/or financial services support environments including experience with information governance management structures, data governance, data quality, master data management, business intelligence, recordkeeping, technical writing and progressive management experience
* College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies, technology or project management preferred.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, preferred.
* Experience with assisting with recordkeeping, data compliance, information governance or master data management platforms
* Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to establish goals, objectives, and action plans
* Ability to assist with varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
* Exceptional written, verbal, communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization including visualizations
* Ability to support and influence organizational change
* Proactively assists in building and leveraging relationships internally and externally
* Very strong ability to communicate and present to senior and executive level management
* Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move towards consensus
* Strong analysis and decision-making abilities
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.