Embassy of India is seeking candidates for the following positions
- Grade 12 pass or above.
- Should be fluent in speaking English
The candidate should possess a valid driver’s license and should possess experience of driving in DC Metropolitan Area. Selection will be done on the basis of personal interview and road skill test.
- Research Assistant
The position is in the Political Wing of the Embassy. It requires tracking U.S. foreign and domestic policy developments that are of relevance to India.
- A first-level university degree in international relations, political science or other related area.
- Knowledge and familiarity with India.
- Knowledge of governance structures and politics in the U.S.
- Up-to-date with current affairs, both globally and in the U.S.
- Ability to identify topics of interest to the Government of India.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Clear and effective writing skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ready to take on diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent research skills. This includes:
- Ability to identify and select sources appropriately.
- Ability to read and comprehend dense language.
- Ability to condense relevant points in to a clear and concise form.
- Prepare analytical reports of political developments on a daily basis.
- Research through a wide variety of sources, including media, government reports, policy documents and legal documents.
- Attend and report on Think Tank policy discussions, Congressional hearings and similar events.
- Create and update databases of political developments.
- Research and prepare briefs on topics as required by the Political Wing.
- Assist with Embassy events and visits of officials as required.
Interested candidates may send applications and resumes to:
Fax to 001 - 202-319-2840
2107, Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC- 20008
latest by June 13, 2018