SCSEP Program Manager - MD
Position: SCSEP Program Manager - MD
Employer: Senior Service America, Inc.
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Senior Service America Inc. (SSAI), headquartered in Silver Spring, MD, is a non-profit organization that provides civic engagement and employment opportunities for adults age 50 or older who wish to reenter the workforce. SSAI is a dynamic work environment where its every day efforts help vulnerable seniors get the help they need. Visit our website at www.seniorserviceamerica.org.
Overview of the Position
The SCSEP Program Manager – MD is a forward thinking and highly strategic champion of SSAI’s Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP). The SCSEP Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration and operation of SCSEP positions in Baltimore City, as well as in Anne Arundel, Carroll, Cecil, Harford, and Howard Counties. This strong relationship manager will collaborate with internal and external stake holders to develop and maintain partnerships and relationships that foster the growth and impact of the SCSEP Program.
The position will be based in Baltimore and can expect to travel locally up to 50% of the time.
- Meet contracted performance goals for SCSEP (service level, unsubsidized placement, service to most-in-need, community service hours, entered employment rate, retention rate, and average earnings)
- Recruit and enroll eligible applicants
- Follow program policies and procedures
- Oversee accuracy and timeliness of payroll submissions, training records and other administrative requirements
- Place SCSEP participants into unsubsidized jobs
- Develop and maintain partnerships and collaborative relationships with employers, public workforce, business and industry, economic development agencies, and education and training providers
- Coordinate SCSEP efforts with public workforce system, State SCSEP Coordinators, and local Area Agencies on Aging and other community-based organizations and services
- Ensure negotiated MOUs with the public workforce system to improve the delivery of services to low-income older workers in every local area of operation
- Attend monthly meetings of 3 different One Stop Boards in the state
- Conduct outreach to ensure local awareness of SCSEP for recruitment and community support purposes
- Maintain personnel policies and complaint resolution procedures
- Submit accurate reports and maintain records, as required
- Supervise and direct part-time SCSEP Project Coordinator in execution of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Work Experience -
The successful applicant will possess a minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible direct service work experience with employment and training and/or aging programs. Past experience with low income, disadvantaged, unemployed individuals and/or minority older workers is preferred. Experience providing outplacement or recruitment services and/or certification as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) is ideal. Fluency in a foreign language, such as Spanish, is a plus.
BA/BS degree in a related field required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities -
- Ability to work independently and multi-task to ensure high quality projects and customer service;
- Strong communication, time management and organization skills;
- Provide job readiness skills and tools for job search, especially those with barriers to employment;
- Establish and sustain effective relationships with partners;
- Proficiency with office-productivity software, such as Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel, and Outlook. Comfort with data entry into database systems. Knowledge of Salesforce or another customer relationship management (CRM) tool is a plus; and
- Being a resident of Baltimore City or the counties of oversight or familiarity with community based agencies in these areas is a plus.
This position requires local travel up to 50%. A vehicle, automobile insurance, a driving record in good standing with no violations for the past three (3) years, and comfort driving often is required. The SCSEP Program Manager will be reimbursed the current federal mileage reimbursement rate for local work- related travel. SSAI also provides supplemental automobile insurance.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full time, permanent position. SSAI offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package, including a Defined Benefit Retirement Plan (three-year vesting period), up to a 5 1/2% employer contribution to a 401k, and employer-paid family health insurance coverage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit all of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recruitment will continue until position is filled. Incomplete packages will not receive further consideration.
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Resume; and
- Three verifiable professional references
Human Resources, Senior Service America, Inc.
8403 Colesville Road, Suite 200 ¡ Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
Senior Service America, Inc., is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Apply for SCSEP Program Manager - MD
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly