Welcome Desk Coordinator
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment allowing them to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, United Kingdom and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University, Suffolk University and Illinois State University.
INTO George Mason University is a joint venture between George Mason University and INTO North America. INTO Mason’s unique programs for international students provide tailored academic and English language instruction coupled with a highly supportive learning environment that supports adjustment to life in the U.S. and long-term academic success.
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The Welcome Desk Coordinator is an integral member of the INTO Mason team reporting directly to Operations Manager. This position serves as the first point of contact and provides exemplary customer service to students, staff, and visitors of the Mason Global Center. The Welcome Desk Coordinator works closely with the Operations, Student Experience, Marketing, Academic Advising, and Enrollment Teams in order to answer inquiries and assist students with finding answers. This position supervises a team of student staff.
Key accountabilities and duties
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will generally include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to INTO Mason students/guests to help direct questions to correct departments.
- Serve as liaison between students and various INTO Mason departments to resolve student issues and deliver a positive student experience.
- Guide students through application and immigration processes, assisting with the completion and submission of forms.
- Use SalesForce to track the status of applications and liaise with INTO’s Application Processing Center.
- Assist in planning center-wide events for employee and student engagement.
- Promote campus activities to students to encourage engagement and integration within Mason’s campus.
- Hire, train and supervise a team of student staff who assist in staffing the front desk as well as providing programmatic support to the Student Experience team.
- Schedule meetings (through 25 Live and Outlook).
- Ensure Welcome Desk is supplied with applications, brochures, and business cards.
- Answer main INTO Mason general phone and direct callers to the appropriate office.
- Supervise the locking and unlocking of the classroom and conference room doors each day by student assistants.
- Ensure that the front lobby and student lounge area is clean, well maintained, and work orders are properly submitted.
- Assist and collaborate with Operations Team members and other departments with special projects as needed
- Associate’s Degree, or prior administrative support experience
- Experience working in a diverse environment with non-native English speakers
- Able to work independently and as part of team
- Highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural, verbal and written communications skills
- Microsoft office proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in international education or in student services within higher education
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and refine systems and processes
- Experience leading a team
Skills and abilities:
- Manage relationships with peers, senior managers, academic stakeholders, and students from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines,
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Ability to accurately compose letters and other informational materials in a grammatically correct style
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adaptable to change
- Excellent internet and search skills
- Team player
This is a non-exempt full-time position with a pay range of $38,000 - $42,000, plus a full benefit package including Medical, Dental, and Life. We offer up to 6% match on 401k, professional development, tuition assistance, 10 paid holidays, and 22 days of PTO. We offer a positive work environment, casual Fridays (wear your Green and Gold), on-site dining, adjacent parking and company sponsored events. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Click on the link below to submit your resume and cover letter explaining how your experience, skills, and interests make you a fit for this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
George Mason University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.