Chief Research and Data Officer
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants are required to address each of the mandatory technical qualifications (TQ) statements. Your responses must demonstrate possession of these qualifications, and be supported by your resume. Please provide examples that are clear, concise, and emphasize your level of responsibility, scope and complexity of programs managed, program accomplishments, policy initiatives undertaken, and level of contacts. You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit qualification statements specifically addressing each mandatory TQ requirement. Failure to meet any of the mandatory TQs will eliminate you from further consideration.
Each narrative must not exceed 2 pages and must be addressed separately.
Technical Qualifications (TQs):
- TQ1 - Expert knowledge of statistical and econometric methods, including designing statistical or economic research, experimental and quasi-experimental techniques, and generalizing results from complex, social science research projects.
- TQ2 - Ability to take a pragmatic approach to developing a new portfolio of research projects and the executive skills to successfully navigate differences of opinions, competing interests, limited resources, etc.
- TQ3 - Ability to understand to emerging methods of statistical analysis to contribute to the development of statistical policy.
- TQ4 - Experience with cross-sectional and longitudinal surveys of relevance to conducting research on retirement and disability issues.
- TQ5 - Advanced research knowledge and superior communication skills necessary to effectively engage Congress, the Administration, the research community, and outside monitoring authorities on intramural and extramural research portfolios.
- TQ6 - Ability to work across organizational lines and to navigate the legal, data security, and organization-specific issues to develop new data linkages.
The 0101 Social Science series has an education requirement. To qualify for this position, ALL applicants must possess one of the following:
- A 4 -year or higher degree in a behavioral or social science;
- A combination of education and experience that provided knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field; OR
- 4 years of appropriate experience that demonstrates that applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBSTANTIATE POSSESSION OF QUALIFYING EDUCATION. If you are qualifying on the basis of education or satisfying an educational requirement, submit a copy of your transcripts that includes your name, the name of the educational institution, course title(s), number of credits, grade, and date of completion. Unofficial transcripts or screenshots of electronic/web transcripts with the required information will be accepted at the time of application. You must submit your transcripts according to the application submission details of this announcement. Documents will not be accepted via email or regular mail. If selected, you may be required to provide your official college transcripts prior to the effective date of the personnel action placing you into the new position.
(1) The selectee for this position will be subject to an appropriate security investigation, including fingerprinting and periodic future reinvestigation(s).
(2) Veteran's preference applies to this SL position.
(3) This position is covered under the post-employment restrictions of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (PL 95-521). This law also requires the selectee to file an Executive Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (Standard Form 278) within 30 days of appointment.
(4) Selectee may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
(5) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System before they can be employed by an executive agency of the Federal government. This requirement does not apply to Agency employees appointed before November 8, 1985.
All application materials are subject to the provisions of the privacy act and become property of SSA.
The Social Security Administration provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
The Social Security Administration provides equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, disability, or conduct not adversely affecting employee performance.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated based on the quality and extent of accomplishments and experience as they relate to the Technical Qualifications. This information will be obtained from the application and narrative statements. The narrative statements provide the applicant with an opportunity to relate his/her background to the specific requirements of the position. Failure to provide specific information in each of the narrative statements will result in an applicant receiving a lower rating or disqualification. A minimum qualifications screening will be conducted by the Office of Human Resources. Eligible applicants will then be evaluated by a screening panel composed of a diverse mix of senior executives selected for organizational and/or functional backgrounds relevant to this position. The panel discusses each application and reaches consensus as to the Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Minimally Qualified candidates. Only the individuals in the Highly Qualified category will be referred to the Recommending Official for interviews.
Please make sure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your evaluation. To preview the questions, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10222888