Human Resources Analyst I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Office of Human Resources and Payroll invites qualified applicants to apply for a Benefits Administrator vacancy. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
- To provide employee benefits administration to the University community. Administers University benefits programs within federal, state, and university guidelines.
- Administer employee benefits programs including group health, dental, life, disability and other programs offered at George Mason University to faculty and staff;
- Conduct benefits orientations for both faculty and staff when needed;
- Communicate and process employee retirements, for both faculty and staff; and
- Participate in outreach educational programs.
Employee Absence Management:
- Counsel and advise department managers and employees on Employee Leave of Absence and the impact to the employeeâ€™s benefits;
- Coordinate and process Leave Management actions, including Leave with Pay and Leave Without Pay for both faculty and staff. Work closely with Payroll to maintain accuracy and smooth process; and
- Advise and counsel managers and employees of FMLA, VSDP eligibility. Coordinate all FMLA and VSDP actions between employees and departments.
Administrative Systems and Auditing:
- Monitor and audit data in Ellucian Banner and Benefits Eligibility System (BES).
- Prepare payroll adjustments as needed, which may include research and calculation.
- Working knowledge of employee benefits administration and programs. Progressive experience of health plans, retirement plans, tax shelters, and related employee benefits programs;
- Progressive experience in benefits field. Demonstrates ability to research problems, apply analytical techniques, and follow through issues to resolution;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to quality customer service a must;
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; and
- Ability to handle confidential personal situations with empathy and professionalism.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in HR related field strongly preferred, or equivalent experience;
- Progressive experience in benefits administration in large organizational setting such as higher education preferred; and
- Knowledge of plan documents and administrative procedures to ensure compliance within federal and state regulations.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01294z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer encouraging diversity.
Job Close Date :