Customer Service Shift Supervisor
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $12.00 per hour
Web Announcement :
Customer Service Shift Supervisor
The George Mason University Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center, on the Science and Technology (previously Prince William) campus, invites applications for a part-time Customer Service Shift Supervisor to help carry out the centerâ€™s mission to support the fitness and recreation goals of a health-conscious community. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: As Customer Service Shift Supervisor, the successful candidate will play a key role in providing stellar customer service to the centerâ€™s members by supervising the customer service desk operations during the shift. This includes:
- Modeling and monitoring appropriate behavior for staff;
- Ensuring that members feel welcome and making sure that they are correctly directed to their appropriate activity;
- The incumbent will be in charge of providing a positive customer service experience by training the staff to listen attentively to member needs and concerns;
- The incumbent will be responsible for answering questions accurately and offering pleasant assistance (in-person and via telephone);
- The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the safety of our members and team; and
- Guaranteeing that staff follows procedures pertaining to emergency and security matters.
Required Qualifications: The center is looking for a leader who will become knowledgeable about membership options, program offerings, products and services to create customer value and a proper fit for their needs.
- Experience in maintaining accuracy and proficiency in processing cash, check and credit transactions (including daily balancing, close-out procedures and reporting); and
- Extensive customer service experience and the ability to function effectively in a hectic work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills to ensure effective and appropriate communication of large volumes of information in a busy environment; and
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment in a public safety/service, retail, health, fitness and/or recreation field.
- Wednesday: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.;
- Friday: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.; and
- Sundays: 1:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation including a credit check. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of this process.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG5766 at http://jobs.gmu.edu/, and complete and submit the online application.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :