The Washington Post's world-class Information Technology is on the ground floor of some of the most exciting, game-changing projects in the news media industry; projects involving cutting-edge tools that promise to revolutionize how our award-winning journalists tell their stories.
To succeed in this mission, we're searching for a dynamic Senior Scrum Master to play a critical role in monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. This is your chance to take your career to the next exciting level, and to play a major part in The Post's future as one of the world's most trusted and respected news sources.
- Evangelizes methodology that supports the integration of changing customer inputs and business conditions into software development.
- You'll partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure that project is working smoothly and every team member has tools to get their work done efficiently.
- Fully proficient in applying established standards; knowledge based acquired from several years of experience in particular area.
- Works independently; may instruct or coach other professionals.
- Project facilitator who guides cross functional teams in executing the principles of the Scrum framework.
- Acts as a servant leader to the team, and facilitates planning, team learning in the form of reviews and retrospectives, and adaptation of the process to ensure quality of team/solutions.
- Ensures the tracking and reporting of daily activities.
- Responsible for removing impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given sprint.
- Has experience in business analysis, product/project management, or product development.
- Have ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) and/or experience using Agile methods.
- Typically has 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Project and Program Management Experience