Supervisory Safety Engineer
Supervisory Safety Engineer
Salary: $114,590 – $164,200
At the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), we are proud to be ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Our employees are passionate about AOC’s mission to serve Congress and the Supreme Court, preserve America’s Capitol and inspire memorable experiences. AOC is a legislative branch agency, the recognized authority for the preservation, maintenance and construction of the world’s most iconic treasures and buildings on Capitol Hill. As a global destination for thousands of visitors every day, Capitol Hill intersects history, architecture and art with the birthplace of our nation’s laws.
The Office of Safety, Fire and Environmental Programs, Safety Division is seeking a Supervisory Safety Engineer. The exceptional leader under the direction of the Director of Safety, Fire and Environmental Programs will serve as the Director of the Safety Division. Leader will be responsible for progress performance of the division’s program responsibilities including planning, organizing, directing, controlling and managing the programs as well as the resources assigned to the division.
- Performs administrative and technical supervisory functions by assigning duties, managing workload and evaluating performance of the safety staff.
- Manages the organization budget, develops performance requirements and provides leadership to ensure support for EEO goals and requirements.
- Responsible for the planning, development, coordination and oversight of all Architect of the Capitol’s policies, procedures and practices pertaining to occupational health and safety, industrial safety and industrial hygiene as well as the compliance of the Architect of the Capitol with the Congressional Accountability Act (CAA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Consults with various government officials, industry representatives and public interest groups in negotiating controversial matters, devising and implementing policies and final program determinations.
- Directs and oversees the agency’s Safety and Health Engineering programs and related projects including a safety management system.
- Performs pre-project planning duties such as concept development, integration planning and design for projects.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. The ideal leader is results driven and flexible with in depth expertise in occupational health and safety, industrial safety and industrial hygiene.
As a federal employee you will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include medical and dental insurance, sick leave and vacation time including 10 paid holidays per year, thrift savings plan similar to a 401(k) plan, flexible work schedules, flexible spending account, group life insurance, professional development and training opportunities.
To apply, please go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/500670700
All applications must be done on-line. Vacancy announcement SFEP-2018-163 closes: June 25, 2018. The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.