Medical Biller With Prior Experience In Ophthalmology Field
Growth oriented ophthalmic practice seeks individual experienced in collection of medical accounts receivable. Requires demonstrable experience in payer reimbursement and coding, monitoring of A/R aging, proper bad debt collection procedures, computer billing systems, and basic accounting. Individual must have above-average skills in exercising discretion, judgment, and in verbal and written communication. References required. This individual is responsible for accurately billing patients and insurance carriers as well as maximizing payment amount and turn-around time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Weekly billing (i.e., set up, printing, and sending).
- Resubmission of unpaid claims, for whatever reason, utilizing claim journals.
- Response to billing phone calls and questions.
- Daily charge entry.
- Daily payment entry from TOS payments.
- Placement of flower orders for all surgery patients.
- Maintenance of surgery list along with surgery survey.
- Computer updates when new releases come out.
- Provider information accuracy and update.
- Maintenance of computer system, i.e., software and hardware.
- Maintenance of patient calendars.
- Analysis of missing tickets.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Qualitative Indicators
- Ability to handle patient phone calls compassionately and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well and get along with co-workers.
- Capacity to demonstrate loyalty to the practice.
- Initiative to complete projects.
- Quantitative Indicators
- Evaluation of accounts receivable printout to assess resubmissions.
- Production of weekly patient billing.
- Capability to process weekly surgery survey.
- Aptitude for ensuring computer system is accurate and updated.
Apply for Medical Biller With Prior Experience In Ophthalmology Field
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly