Assistant Editor, HUNTERS’ LEADERSHIP FORUM
Assists in daily operation of Hunters’ Leadership Forum.org, ensuring all work satisfies quality standards and policies, and meets established deadlines. Provides editorial and search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) support essential to the content Hunter’sLeadershipForum.org. Provides social media support for Hunters’ Leadership Forum’s social media properties.
- Coordinates with Senior Editor, Hunters’ Leadership Forum to identify and produce news and other content endemic to NRA Hunters’ Leadership Forum concerns.
- Assists in collection, editing and research of hunter-interest bylined and non-bylined articles for the Hunters’ Leadership Forum.
- Assists in handling contributor, HLF donor and member communications, both written and by telephone.
- Produces original content (text and photos) for the NRA Hunters’ Leadership Forum website, NRAHLF.org.
- Uses a Content Management System to post content to HuntersLeadershipForum.org.
- Implements SEO-related features, including titles, subheads, keywords, metadata, article descriptions and related tags.
- Provides inbound and outbound marketing on social network sites such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and/or Instagram.
- Assists with monitoring/moderating visitor posts.
- Travels as assigned.
- Extended hours required
- Other duties as assigned.
Coordinates with Senior Editor, Hunters’ Leadership Forum to post content to Hunter’sLeadershipForum.org; also coordinates with other departments within NRA Publications and other NRA divisions. Coordinates with firearm industry as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
College degree in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent work experience. Minimum one year experience in website production and editing. Knowledge of best practices as they relate to SEO and SEM. Working knowledge of AP Style. Working knowledge and compatibility with hunting and other shooting sports and Second Amendment issues are essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES
Ability to edit intelligently and effectively. Ability to write clearly and concisely. Proven writing and editing skills together with knowledge of website design and content. Attention to detail and organization mandatory. Ability to adapt to popular Content Management Software. Knowledge of social networking sites and the ability to develop Search Engine Marketing strategies. Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization. Ability to implement current SEO/SEM practices as they relate to NRA Publications digital media. Ability to crop and edit photos using Photoshop. Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other department personnel. Ability to work within strict guidelines and under pressure, take direction and carry several projects through to completion simultaneously. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.