Manager, Membership Marketing
We are the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions.
We are passionate about our mission and are seeking a Manager of Membership Marketing who will help our members reach their potential and our society to fulfill its mission of unraveling the mysteries of endocrine/hormonal conditions to eradicate diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, and thyroid disorders. The incumbent is the primary source of ideas, insight and strategy for membership recruitment, retention and related services to achieve growth objectives as well as marketing member benefits. The Manager, Membership Marketing reports directly to the Associate Director of Marketing but collaborates closely with the Chief Global Membership Officer to execute organizational strategic priorities related to membership recruitment, engagement, and retention.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of membership development and marketing experience.
- A proven track record of building and implementing membership recruitment and retention efforts for global not-for-profit organizations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to learn new technology as required. Experience with Abila/netFORUM or other AMS products is a plus.
- A passion for improving the world by creating great workplaces and enabling people to thrive in their work environments.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you’ll own:
- Develop and execute plans to establish and nurture relationships with members in endocrine research and practice, for the purpose of promoting the value of the Society through membership as an indispensable resource partner.
- Support the volunteer leadership’s grassroots efforts in membership recruitment, retention and service.
- Collaborate with Chief Global Membership Officer to develop member engagement strategies that improve member retention.
- Create and sustain a member lifecycle campaign to strengthen member value and establish a higher level of customer intimacy with the membership.
- Improve membership retention and renewal by implementing innovative prospecting campaigns, strengthening the value proposition, and using members and staff as organizational ambassadors.
- Explore potential new membership markets and expand existing markets.
- Align benefits to member needs and our society’s strategic plan.
- Master the use of Power BI, reporting tools. Have a working knowledge of netForum/association management system and available technology to collect and analyze data as a tool to foster informed decision making.
- Manage the logistics and materials for Endocrine Society membership booth at ENDO and external exhibits throughout the year. Represent the Endocrine Society as needed.
- Manage Internal and external lists.
- Team lead on managing and overseeing production of printed marketing materials.
What you’ll do well:
- Work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals. Work effectively in group settings by listening and responding appropriately to other team members, offering support, conferring with team members about their concerns, expressing disagreement constructively and working towards solutions that all team members can support.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members by listening to the member and understanding and responding to identified needs. Respond to member/leadership/community needs; actively promote positive relationships with the membership and other groups (committees, leadership, stakeholders, etc.). Exhibit a high level of customer service and identify ways to improve service procedures/levels within own position.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of association resources. Develop and effectively manage departmental/project budgets. Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures, show the ability to allocate resources, plan procurement and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Identify and deal with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise. Identify what needs to be done and take action before being asked or required. Do more than what is normally required in a situation. Seek out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives. Take independent action to change the direction of events.
- Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies. Anticipate possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance. Notice trends and develop plans to prepare for opportunities or problems. Anticipate the consequences of situations and plan accordingly. Anticipate how individuals and groups will react to situations and information and plan accordingly.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to make a contribution in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.