Advertising Operations Assistant
Implements and coordinates advertising sales and accounts receivables for NRA Publications properties: magazines, television, and digital properties.
- Enters insertion orders into ad server accurately and promptly.
- Verifies accuracy of all orders for advertising space to ensure adherence with industry, and NRA legal and financial guidelines.
- Manage accounts receivables balances.
- Maintain tracking of all customer open receivables.
- Ensure that all customer cash receipts are applied and accounted for properly.
- Coordinate account research and provide supporting documentation to resolve account disputes in a timely and professional manner.
- Obtain proper approvals on credit memos.
- Provide customers with aged A/R listings when requested.
- Utilize third party software packages to gather payment information.
- Analyzes advertising sales and revenue reports.
- Integrates and verifies all required data entry and reports generated for all paid and in-house advertising records.
- Coordinates insertion orders and documentation with Production and Advertising Operations staff.
- Responsible for accurate billing of all advertising space in the magazines and digital properties, to include mailing of invoices and checking copies.
- Assists advertising sales representatives on insertion orders for paid advertising (for example, quote preparation, insertion order corrections, prepayments, questions/concerns on material, etc.).
- Communicates with advertising sales representatives on policy matters and operating procedures for related advertising functions.
- Handles routine correspondence and reports, and maintains files.
- Records all pertinent telephone and in-person conversations on any advertisements. Follows up with appropriate correspondence.
Works closely with advertising sales representatives and advertising and production staff on a daily basis to ensure accurate information and billing of all paid advertisements. Daily contact with advertisers and/or their agencies. Coordinates with Senior Account Receivables Coordinator and Advertising Coordinator on billing, processing and resolution of problems, as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or equivalent work experience required. General bookkeeping and light accounting experience required. Knowledge of and experience with customer service required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word) is required. CRM management using Salesforce or similar preferred. Bookkeeping skills required. Outstanding customer service skills: professional and engaging phone manner, articulate, polite and friendly. Extremely organized, task and detailed-oriented. Collaborative nature and works well within a team-oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.