Program Analyst (Performance Culture)
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Travel is required less than 20% of the time.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
More on Education:
Are you using education to qualify? You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, see the Department of Education website. **If you are selected, official transcripts may be required.**
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside of the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. A written evaluation of any foreign education must be provided with your application in response to this vacancy announcement or be received by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide this evaluation will result in you being found unqualified for the position. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education, see the Department of Education website, and for a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, visit The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
Please Note: If your foreign education has already been accepted by an accredited U.S. educational institution as part of a degree program with that institution, you do not need to provide an evaluation of foreign education but must submit a copy of the transcripts listing the degree from the U.S. accredited institution that accepted your foreign education.
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA pay band or GS grade level in the Federal Service i.e., EN-00 or GS-11. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: Experience applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program organizational culture, management, leadership, and mission performance.
Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Experience utilizing management and organizational procedures to perform a wide variety of analytical studies and projects related to program improvement, productivity improvement, and/or long-range planning of program operations.
- Experience providing program support and guidance to senior officials concerning organizational activities and/or management processes.
- Experience applying pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents affecting the use of program operations.
- Mastery knowledge of, and skill in applying, advanced administrative concepts, laws, policies, practices, analytical, and diagnostic methods and techniques sufficient to resolve administrative HRM problems not susceptible to treatment by standard methods.
- Mastery knowledge of and skill in application of advanced concepts, methods and principles of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods sufficient to solve a wide range of complex and interrelated problems and issues, primarily in the area of organizational behavior. This includes developing assessment methods, conducting studies, and providing guidance to others developing assessment methods.
- Knowledge of analytical practices, concepts, principles, processes and techniques for evaluation of program performance sufficient to provide sound guidance to senior NA-50 leadership to support the improvement of organizational culture performance objectives in NA-50 and throughout NNSA.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying organizational behavior and organizational culture principles and processes, including performance enhancing organizational tools, strategic leadership, motivation, teams, and systems sufficient to provide sound guidance to senior NA-50 leadership to support the improvement of organizational culture performance objectives in NA-50 and throughout NNSA.
- Ability to establish and understand relationships with other programs and key safety and performance culture functions within NNSA, DOE, or in other Federal agencies.
- Knowledge of the application of DOE orders, rules and regulations related safety and performance culture sufficient to provide sound guidance to senior NA-50 leadership to support the improvement of organizational culture performance objectives in NA-50 and throughout NNSA.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
There is no educational requirement for this series. For more information, please refer to (OPM series qualification standards link).
For this position education cannot be substituted for experience.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Click HERE.
Veterans Information: Click HERE.
Telework: Click HERE.
Selective Service Registration: Click HERE.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements. If you meet the qualifications requirements, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated "ineligible" or "not qualified".
To preview questions please click here.