Store and Warehouse Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Upper 40s; commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator
George Mason University, Housing and Residence Life is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for the Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position will be responsible for coordinating the Warehouse/Inventory, Logistics/Supply Chain Controls of the Facilities and Grounds Department for Housing and Residence Life. Duties include:
- Coordinating the purchasing of equipment, tools, and supplies for maintenance and renovation projects;
- Receipt, storage and distribution of purchased goods;
- Processing of receiving documents;
- Maintenance of transacted files.
- Coordinates, completes, and analyzes inventories and adjust inventory control settings to meet objectives;
- Assists with overseeing the departmentâ€™s â€œJust-in-Timeâ€ ordering program to include conducting spot checks, coordinating audits, and recommending improvements to balance inventory;
- Administers CMMS Mpulse program to include proper identification, vender/supplier costs, and current source of supply;
- Develops detailed specifications for goods and services that meet department needs;
- Establishes good working relationships with vendors/suppliers;
- Assists with the development of â€œInformation For Bids (IFBs) and â€œRequests For Proposals (RFPs);
- Provides for development, implementation and coordination of assets inventory and equipment/tool control systems; and
- Assists with the coordination of inventorying and restocking of equipment, tools and supplies for various satellite storerooms. This position also requires exposure to hazardous substances, variable environmental conditions, frequent physical effort, and the ability to lift, move and transport up to 50 lbs.
Required Qualifications: * Dedication to excellent customer service. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems, professionally communicate those solutions to co-workers. * Ability to perform calmly yet precisely under pressure. * Knowledge of purchasing best practices, asset controls & supply chain management principles. * Demonstrated commitment to/ownership of a complete program or process, and the ability to work independently in a professional manner. * Strong analytical, organizational, administrative and communication skills. * Demonstrated ability to produce accurate and timely reports. * Adaptability to use of varied computer software/systems. * Complete working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel Preferred Qualifications: * Valid driver license with a good driving record; must be insurable * Bachelorâ€™s degree in Procurement, Program/Project Management, or a closely related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. * Demonstrated full time experience in Procurement, Program/Project Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Processes, preferably in University Housing, Housing Management, or related field. * Proficiency with Mpulse CMMS modules and eVA (Virginia online procurement system) pre
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu, complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :