Senior Staff Accountant
American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers is the premier trade association for the refining and petrochemical industry, representing more than 90 percent of our nation's fuel and petrochemical manufacturers. The Association is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a qualified Senior Staff Accountant to work with the Director of Finance. Duties to include:
- Assist Accounting Director with monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes and procedures.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information, prepare journal entries.
- Prepares various general ledger account analyses and worksheets on monthly basis.
- Responsible for reconciliation of credit card transactions and importation of cash receipts to the general ledger.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Collaborate with Accounting personnel in the implementation of updated accounting systems and controls.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The senior staff accountant has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of five to seven years of accounting experience.
Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience required.
Must have knowledge of Microsoft GP Dynamics; Management Reporter; Expense Reporting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
Preferred Education and Experience
CPA designation (preferred)
Qualified, interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Pre-employment testing in Microsoft Excel will be required as it is an essential skill for the position. Only direct applications will be considered; resumes received via placement agency or other third party will not be reviewed.
AFPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Washington, D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.