Front Desk Receptionist
AFPM is the premier trade association for the refining and petrochemical industry, representing more than 90 percent of our nation's fuel and petrochemical manufacturers. The Association is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a dynamic front desk professional to join our team. The incumbent will manage the front desk, perform routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, and record-keeping. We are looking for an individual with a sharp eye for detail and outstanding interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. There will be periods where overtime will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
- Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers when necessary to the appropriate person, official, or department.
- Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Duplicates and distributes materials.
- Develops and maintains office forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks.
- Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
- Assists public with the use of department facilities.
Required Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping. Two to four years of general office or related experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is largely a sedentary role. Requires repetitive motions with the wrists, hands, and fingers. Requires sitting/standing for extensive periods of time. May lift and carry items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Qualified, interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-employment testing on Microsoft Office Suite may be required as it is an essential skill for the position. Only direct applications will be considered; resumes received via placement agency or other third party will not be reviewed.
AFPM is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Washington, D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.