Member Relations Manager
Member Relations Manager
The Health and Environmental Sciences Institute (HESI) has a great new career opportunity. The Member Relations Manager (MRM) serves as the key liaison to HESI’s global and diverse member base that includes academic, government, and private sector scientists. The MRM will work with HESI’s senior scientific staff to ensure that HESI’s members have a positive experience as a result of data-driven , timely, and professional communications. The position provides support to the HESI science management staff in tracking and evaluating a broad range of membership data including program participation, contact information, meeting registrations, and payments. The MRM will assist in analyzing the data and providing insights into organizational membership trends..
This position works in Washington, DC and reports to the HESI Executive Director.
- Tracking and curating HESI’s membership and participation data and reporting on membership trends for HESI’s individual scientific committees and for the organizational as a whole;
- Populating and maintaining a database of HESI member data;
- Preparing written and email communications that highlight organizational impacts and strengths, and, where possible, tailoring these to relate to specific member portfolios;
- Ensuring all members receive supporting information to justify continued active engagement in HESI programs;
- Preparing written materials such as the monthly HESI newsletter and annual HESI activity report;
- Providing site and registration management, coordination, and communication support for webinars and workshops.
- A strong self-starter who has a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database management
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Solid oral and written communications
- Familiarity with health and environmental science and scientific audiences is a plus
At HESI, it is our mission to collaboratively identify and help to resolve global health and environmental challenges through the engagement of scientists from academia, government, industry, clinical practice, research institutes and NGOs. We achieve that in a variety of ways:
- Create a collaborative environment where scientists from academia, government, industry, and NGOs come together to find solutions that improve health and environmental safety.
- Encourage the development of meaningful studies that ask the right questions, structure the right framework, and develop solutions that inform decision-making by both private- and public-sector scientists.
- Create a knowledge base that can be easily transferred from the laboratory or journal page to real life.
HESI is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. Learn more about our organization at www.hesiglobal.org
Individuals interested in applying for this position should send their resume and cover letter to Career@hesiglobal.org.